A Venice Cooking Odyssey
Venice is known around the world as the city of canals, bridges, and stunning architecture, much of which hasn’t changed since the Middle Ages. The enchanting city, comprised of 118 small islands, offers so much to do, see, and of course eat during a culinary vacation. Take the vaporetto, water taxis, between the islands to discover world-class museums such as the Ca’ D’Oro and enjoy delicious seafood dishes and local cocktails such as the spritz made with a bitter orange liqueur.
While in Venice for your cooking vacation, you will stay in a 4* hotel on Venice island. After Venice it’s on to the Lido, known as the Golden Island and a beautiful, authentic getaway away from the crowds of Venice.
A Venice Cooking Odyssey Itinerary
- Transfer from Venice train station or airport by private boat.
- Check in to your hotel and time on your own to explore the city. (If you’d like a gondola ride for about 30 minutes, please inquire).
- Welcome dinner at Osteria degli Assassini, where you will meet your chef for your cooking class the following day. (Wine not included).
- After breakfast, meet Chef Giuseppe at Osteria degli Assassini for a walking tour in the outdoor market of Rialto.
- Return to the restaurant for your first cooking lesson, where you might prepare such dishes as capesante alla Giusy, risotto with prawns and zucchini, and cuttlefish with polenta. You’ll also learn how to prepare the famous local aperitivo “spritz” to toast with the chef.
- Lunch to follow based on your efforts with local wine, as well as Venetian cookies with Vin Santo.
- Time on your own in the afternoon to explore the city. Perhaps book a private guided walking tour of the “Il Castello” district.
- Dinner on your own.
- Meet your English assistant to depart on a ferry for the quiet and charming island of Murano, where you’ll visit a glass factory to see how the glass is made as well as explore a typical artisan boutique to learn about a technique called “a lume.”
- Lunch in Murano, and then return to Venice by ferry.
- Rest of afternoon and dinner on your own.
- After breakfast, checkout of your Venice hotel.
- At 10 a.m., meet your assistant to take a taxi boat transfer to reach the Lido di Venezia and check into your boutique hotel, Villa Ines.
- Meet your English guide for a full-day excursion to the Islands of Burano, famous for its Venetian handmade laces, and Torcello, known for its ancient Byzantine church.
- Lunch on your own, with suggestions from your guide.
- Return back to the Lido for dinner on your own.
- Following breakfast, meet Chef Marika in her cooking school and learn how to prepare a traditional Venetian menu featuring seasonal ingredients. Lunch based on your efforts to follow.
- Enjoy the rest of the day on your own.
- Dinner on your own and overnight.
- After breakfast, meet your guide to take the ferry to Venice airport or train station.