Trout Baked in Foil
No matter where you are in Italy, baking fish in foil is a popular and healthy way to make seafood. This particular recipe comes from Tuscany.
To learn more Italian cooking traditions, consider a cooking vacation in Tuscany!
- 6 whole trout, cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary or a pinch of dried rosemary
- ½ Tbsp. fish extract
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- Lemon juice
- 1 lemon
- Pinch tarragon
- ½ cup white wine
- Clean, dry, and debone trout.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients and emerge trout, rubbing them inside and out.
- Wrap individually trouts in foil, sealing edges well. This prevents the juices from leaking and keeps the fish moist.
- Place wrapped trouts in a pan and bake at 350° C. for 15 minutes. If the fish weigh more than 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) increase the cooking time.
Serve immediately, unsealing the foil at the table, and garnish with lemon slices.