The Amalfi Coast is the place for seafood, and the Oasi Olimpia is one of our favorite places on the Amalfi Coast… recipe from A Mediterranean Cooking Experience at Relais Oasi Olimpia.
- 800 gr. squid
- 1 T capers, cleaned
- 350 gr. peeled tomatoes, diced
- Very small pinch of fresh oregano
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T breadcrumbs (Pangrattato)
- 80 gr. of Gaeta olives
- Small bunch of parsley (prezzemolo), minced
- 2 cloves garlic (one minced and one whole)
1. Empty and clean the squid.
2. Remove the little tentacles and sauté in a frying pan (padella) with 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic. Add to the pan the breadcrumbs, stoned olives, capers and a clove of garlic; all ingredients well minced (tritati).
3. Add to the pan oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, sauté for few minutes longer.
4. Remove the pan from heat. Place a bit of the mixture in each squid, closing it with a skewer (spiedino).
5. Warm a bit of olive oil in a sauté pan. Add to the pan a whole clove of garlic and the tomatoes; sauté briefly.
6. Remove the garlic clove, and add the stuffed squid to the pan. Cook gently for 20 minutes. Taste for seasonings; add salt if necessary, and enjoy!