Spring Chicken in Lime Marinade
Just in time for spring, this simple and delicious recipe comes from Chef Patrick Payet at Famous Provence. Bon Appetit!
- 3 spring chickens
- herbs : taragon, parsley, basil, chives
- 6 limes
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 TBS or up to 1/4 cup heavy cream (heavy whipping cream)
- Cut the chicken in two equal sized halves and place on a dish for marinating.
- Sprinkle the herbs all over the chicken (save some aside)
- Add the marinade (wine, juice of 4 limes, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper)
- Peel the two other limes and set aside.
- In a pan sautee 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the carrots, onions and a pinch of herbs until lightly browned. Then transfer them to an oven baking dish and spread out as bedding for the chicken.
- Pour the marinade off the chickens into a sauce pot and set aside. Arrange the marinated pieces of spring chicken on the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven at 425°F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Reduce the marinade (2/3), and add the heavy cream (how much depends on how creamy you’d like the sauce.)
- When the spring chickens are baked, add the sauce just before serving. Garnish with slices of the remaining 2 limes.