Spiced Green Olives
An extraordinary culinary visit from Madelaine Bullwinkel this past month left us satisfied, happy and curious to learn her fabulous recipes —
so we’ve decided to share some of her secrets!
Madelaine’s love for French cuisine has heavily influenced her fantastic creations. If you share the same love for France as Madelaine,
then don’t miss out on our special, one time only departure this September 8 – 14, 2007, At Home in Provence,
which Madelaine herself will escort.
- 7 ounces (2 cups) Picholine olives
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 strips orange zest
- 4 strips lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1. Drain and rinse off the olives.
2. Prick each one with tines of a fork.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients, pour over the olives in a container and stir well to coat all the olives.
4. Tightly cover and refrigerate the olives for at least 3 days, taking them out to shake occasionally.
5. Bring them to room temperature and toss or shake again before serving.