Risotto al Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
Risotto al Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (Risotto with Vino Nobile di Montepulciano)
Enjoy a wonderful fall recipe from Chef Maurizio of Cooking at Il Podere.
- 30 gr. scallion (about 1 oz)
- 250 gr Carnaroli Rice ( preferably from the Pavese area) (about 8.8 oz)
- ½ liter Vino Nobile di Montepulciano (about 1 pint)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano
- ½ liter vegetable broth (about 1 pint)
Saute the scallion with the lemon (or orange) juice in the olive oil.
Add the rice by handfuls and toast, then add the wine little by little.
Once the wine is absorbed, add the broth little by little.
When the rice is almost ready (please remember that it will continue cooking for 2 or 3 minutes after being removed from the flame), whisk in the butter and parmesean.
Serves 4. Recommended wine: Vino Nobile di Montelpulciano