Risi & Bisi with Prawns
Enjoy this delectable summer recipe of rice, peas, and prawns to remind you of our culinary program Sail Venice. What could be more summery than sailing, prawns, and peas!
The chef has created this recipe thinking about tradition: risi e bisi and the tradition of the sweet (raisins) with fish.
- 300 g Freshly shelled peas
- 1 Small white onion
- 20 Medium prawns
- 100 ml Sweet ‘passito’ wine (moscato di Pantelleria)
- 20 ml Dry white wine
- 50 g Raisins
- 320 g Vialone Nano rice
- 20 g Extravirgin olive oil
- 1,5 L of broth made by boiling the peapods.
1. Shell the peas which must be very fresh
2. Peel the prawns leaving the tail and let them soak in the ‘passito’ wine together with the raisins for 1 hour in the fridge.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the thinly sliced onion lightly, add the peas and cook for 1 minute, cover, reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and stir to coat it with the oil for a short time, add the white wine and let evaporate on a high heat.
5. Lower the heat and continue to cook adding the broth made by boiling the pods.
6. Toss the prawns in a pan on a high heat together with the wine and the raisins for 2 minutes
7. When the rice is cooked add the prawns, cover the pan and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
8. Serve with freshly milled white pepper.