The story of Israeli cuisine is one of many different cultures, as its people have brought traditions, recipes, and ingredients from six different continents and more than 120 countries. As such, the food scene here is one of the most diverse in the entire world.
Much of the cuisine in Israel is both light and simple, which is apparent in this delicious take on an avocado salad from Dan hotels. The hotel corporation owns a cookery school for professional chefs, and during our Israel Cooking Odyssey vacation with the chefs of Le Calabash cooking school, their Panorama hotels will be the base for your adventure in this beautiful land.
- 14 oz (400gr) cubed avocado
- 7 oz (200gr) boiled cubed potatoes
- 5.5 oz (150gr) crumbled Feta cheese
- 5.5 oz (150gr) julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
- 1.75 oz (50gr) spinach leaves
- 1.75 oz (50gr) basil leaves
- 1.75 oz (50gr) roasted almond slivers
- 1.75 oz (50gr) hazelnuts
- 1.75 oz (50gr) pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper, and mix together to create a salad dressing.
2. Place all the other ingredients together in a bowl, dress with salad dressing and lightly toss together and place in a bowl to serve.