August 3, 2021
Today is National Watermelon Day, and in honor of one of our favorite summer foods we're featuring five amazing ways to use this summer staple.…Read This Post
Looking for a refreshing sweet treat this Summer? Try this fruit recipe that’s fresh, easy, and fast. The dish features local ingredients from Piedmont, such as peaches and mint, but it can be made anywhere — as long as the peaches are fresh.
In Piedmont, this dish is traditionally cooked in the oven, but Francesca, of our Authentic Experience in Piedmont cooking vacation, has recreated the dish so that it can be made even when its hot out (meaning, you won’t have to turn on that oven!) She’s done so by eliminating eggs and focusing on the sweet, refreshing flavors of the peaches.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0 miutes
Cook method: Assemble
1. Peel the peaches, and then cut them into thin slices.
2. Take the amaretti and chop until they become a powder.
3. In a glass or bowl, alternate the ingredients. Start by putting in the peaches, then layer with amaretti and cocoa powder.
4. If you’d like you can add a bit more sweetness by putting lemon juice then sugar on the rim of the glass as well.
5. Finish the dish with Francesca’s secret ingredient: mint! (During a cooking class with her, the mint comes straight from her garden). When picking the mint, remember to cut plant’s tip to make sure it continues to grow well.
6. Enjoy the dish while it’s fresh!
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.