Trout Baked in Foil
No matter where you are in Italy, baking fish in foil is a popular and healthy way to make seafood. This particular recipe comes from Tuscany.
To learn more Italian cooking traditions, consider a cooking vacation in Tuscany!
* 6 whole trout, cleaned
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 sprig fresh rosemary or a pinch of dried rosemary
* ½ Tbsp. fish extract
* ½ Tbsp. salt
* Lemon juice
* 1 lemon
* Pinch tarragon
* ½ cup white wine
* Clean, dry, and debone trout.
* In a bowl mix all ingredients and emerge trout, rubbing them inside and out.
* Wrap individually trouts in foil, sealing edges well. This prevents the juices from leaking and keeps the fish moist.
* Place wrapped trouts in a pan and bake at 350° C. for 15 minutes. If the fish weigh more than 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) increase the cooking time.
Serve immediately, unsealing the foil at the table, and garnish with lemon slices.