August 3, 2021
Today is National Watermelon Day, and in honor of one of our favorite summer foods we're featuring five amazing ways to use this summer staple.…Read This Post
No matter where you are in Italy, baking fish in foil is a popular and healthy way to make seafood dishes. This particular recipe comes from one of our Tuscany cooking vacations. Most people perhaps don’t think of seafood when they think of traditional Tuscan dishes, but with miles of coastline as well as lakes and rivers, Tuscany boasts plenty of fish dishes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cook method: Bake
1. Clean, dry, and debone trout.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients and then add trout, rubbing them inside and out.
3. Wrap individually trouts in foil or parchment, sealing the edges very well. This prevents the juices from leaking and keeps the fish moist.
4. Place the wrapped trout on a baking sheet and bake at 350° C. for 15 minutes. If the fish weigh more than 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) increase the cooking time.
5. Serve immediately, unsealing the foil/parchment at the table, place atop a side of seasonal vegetables, and garnish with lemon slices.
Check out more of our classic Tuscan dishes on our Tuscany cooking vacations. Or, see these recipes in our archives:
Or, check out our video on how to make cantuccini (Tuscan ‘biscotti.’)
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.