Trout Baked in Foil
No matter where you are in Italy, baking fish in foil is a popular and healthy way to make seafood. This particular recipe comes from Tuscany.
To learn more Italian cooking traditions, consider a cooking vacation in Tuscany!
* 6 whole trout, cleaned
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1 sprig fresh rosemary or a pinch of dried rosemary
* ½ Tbsp. fish extract
* ½ Tbsp. salt
* Lemon juice
* 1 lemon
* Pinch tarragon
* ½ cup white wine
* Clean, dry, and debone trout.
* In a bowl mix all ingredients and emerge trout, rubbing them inside and out.
* Wrap individually trouts in foil, sealing edges well. This prevents the juices from leaking and keeps the fish moist.
* Place wrapped trouts in a pan and bake at 350° C. for 15 minutes. If the fish weigh more than 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) increase the cooking time.
Serve immediately, unsealing the foil at the table, and garnish with lemon slices.By The International Kitchen