June 23, 2022
Harira is one of my favorite Moroccan dishes. There are many variations but they all include legumes (usually lentils and chickpeas), tomato, onion, turmeric, and…Read This Post
Lobster is one of the world’s most prized ingredients, and here we feature it in a delicious recipe from chef Sidney. Sidney grew up in South Africa, and he calls this recipe “Ski Boat Bay Lobster” because he would fish for lobsters as a child in Ski Boat Bay. We hope you will enjoy it!
Please contact us for details on any of our cooking vacations!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
Cook method: Bake
1. Soak the mustard seeds in vinegar for 12 hours, drain and grind to a paste.
2. In a round bottom dish, mix together coconut milk, yogurt, mustard seed paste, chilies, ginger julienned, ginger paste, garlic, sugar, and salt.
3. Cut lobster in half lengthways, leaving the head on. Rinse lobster under cold water and dry. Place lobsters on a baking tray shell side down.
4. Preheat oven to 185° C (365° F).
5. In a saucepan, heat oil to smoking point and add black mustard seeds. Once seeds crackle, add the coconut spice paste and gently simmer over a low heat for 2 minutes, whisking constantly, taking care that it does not split.
6. Pour the sauce evenly over the lobster and cover with foil. Cook for 14-16 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with coriander and serve with pilaf or, as Chef Sidney prefers, with Roti.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.