October 20, 2020
Today is evidently National Dessert Day, and we'll take any excuse to do a little baking! We have featured tons of desserts in our blog…Read This Post
This recipe from Chef Leonardo of the Masseria Appidè in Puglia respects the purity of the ingredients from this wonderful region.
Prep time: 60 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Cook method: Boil, Sauté
1. Prepare a thick bechamel.
2. Boil lobster and prawns’ tails in quite salted water.
3. Brown the onion with the remaining butter and oil in a saucepan, then add sole, minced lobster and prawns’ tails. Fry lightly and wet everything with Brandy.
4. Mince everything with a mixer and incorporate this content with the bechamel, then add parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Make two mm. egg-pasta sheets and put them on the kitchen counter. Then brush one egg-pasta sheet with a beaten egg and on the other egg-pasta sheet put some little stuffing heaps with a “sac a poches”, respecting a distance of three cm from one another, cover this egg-pasta with the brushed one and make them to adhere one another.
6. Cut the Ravioli with a small, zig-zag wheel.
7. In a frying pan, brown onion with oil and garlic, add first julienned and then diced into a brunoise vegetables, and whole shelled prawns. Cook everything for five minutes, then add little tomatoes, cut in four pieces, and the vegetable cream.
8. Boil the Ravioli in salted water, drain them in the frying pan, sprinkle them with parsley and after all compose the dishes, decorating them with little prawns!
By Peg Kern
Sign up to receive our newsletter, which includes travel tips, recipes, promotions, and information on our best cooking vacations.
Originally published January 29, 2010.